Monday, September 7, 2015

Curry Peas and Rice and Food Festival Dreaming



Okay, so I didn't plan ahead enough to make something inspired by a book or film but I do want to share with you a super simple, tasty meal that I made earlier this week.

This was a quick, after-work meal that helped to use up some leftover rice.



I fried onion and peas with curry powder, turmeric and a bit of cumin, then added in the rice and a bit of lemon juice. Sea salt and pepper to taste.



The carrots are lightly roasted with olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt and pepper.


Field greens are dressed with the vinaigrette from my last post.

It was a really great meal that came together easily and was pretty delicious.

Today was a stat holiday -- hurray for three day weekends! But tomorrow is back to work. I'm really looking forward to the Toronto Vegetarian Food Festival this coming Friday.

Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Xo Elyse

3 comments:

  1. this is perfect for breakfast. thank you for sharing. I followed a website who also discuss health and fitness. This link might be helpful: http://www.bodybyblasian.com/

    ReplyDelete