Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Late Summer Strawberries and Fall Transitions


Berries are one of the things I love best about summer and about living in this part of the world. Last year I discovered some late summer strawberries at the Farmer's market so this year I knew to look for them.



They're just as sweet and delicious are the ones you'd find in June. Almost more so. I think the variety is called Everbearing.



It's nice to have a taste of early summer as we transition into fall and remember all of the sweet sunshine-y memories that happened over the last few warmer months.



I like them best with homemade granola, on top of oatmeal or just eaten as a snack.

The end of summer always feels a bit bittersweet but I look forward to all of the beautiful colours and comfort food of fall.

Bring on the squash!

Hope your day has been full of ease and peace,

Xo Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment